Celebrating Achievements and Successes>
The Forum holds biannual heritage awards that alternate with the regional awards. For more information click on:
Networking and sharing
Meeting other heritage volunteers and sharing ideas is a great way to learn in an enjoyable environment. The Forum hosts four open meetings a year. The next meeting is
Thursday 28th March County Records Office
Introduction to the Record Office covering how to use the searchrooms
Trip to the strongroom to see how documents are stored and produced.
Display of documents related to member groups attending
Commences with Forum AGM and a short presentation on Arts Council England funding.
Book your place via Eventbrite LRHF
Providing support for over thirty years, the Leicestershire & Rutland Heritage Forum is the only region-wide organisation which promotes and celebrates the unique heritage of Leicestershire, Leicester City and Rutland.
Our work raises standards across the region and helps develop long-standing relationships between our members.
Through joining our Forum you will get exclusive access to:
– Information sharing and networking opportunities with museum and heritage organisations across the region;
– An engaging programme of relevant, practical training;
– Expert support and advice on volunteering opportunities and challenges;
– Site visits to other heritage sites within the region;
– Promotional marketing, with our members details featured on the Forum website and promoted across our social media channels;
– Access to Forum members only categories in the Biennial County Heritage Awards which celebrate excellence in the region;
– Access to a newsletter, filled with regional updates
– Access to funding and fundraising advice and opportunities (location dependent);
– A range of committee and non-committee roles to get more involved in the work of the Forum;
– Opportunities to work on collaborative projects with other organisations.
We welcome membership from anyone in the region with an interest in this local heritage, offering both institutional and individual memberships. View our Forum leaflet online Forum leaflet
Membership costs £30 for an organisation and £20 for individuals per year. membership form
Members wishing to update their page on the website should email details to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Winter 2018 Forum newsletter has been distributed. Contents include:
– Forum Events and Activities
– The Sandford Award for Heritage Education
– Revised museum accreditation timetable
– Burbage Heritage Group – WWI project
– Pudding Bag Productions – new film
– Cotesbach Educational Trust – Talk Tuesdays
– Leicestershire Victorian County History Trust – Loughborough volume
– Loughborough Carillon Tower and War Memorial Museum – WW1
Sign up for future editions, email Janet via email@example.com
Exciting Free Heritage Opportunities for Schools
The Forum has published a booklet for schools that describes the activities and learning experiences that Heritage Groups in North West Leicestershire can offer to support schools in the delivery of the national curriculum.
Many activities are more than just history, they include English, mathematics, geography and other subjects.
The intention is to provide an extended online version covering the whole of the forum’s area, email Janet via firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.