The Autumn 2020 Forum newsletter has been distributed. In a period of coronavirus challenges and restrictions throughout the heritage sector, it is inspiring to read about so many exciting projects taking place within Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland.
Sign up for future editions, email via firstname.lastname@example.org
Forum Membership and Website Updates email email@example.com
Forum Chairman, Wendy Freer, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Forum Newsletter, email email@example.com
Networking and sharing
Meeting other heritage volunteers and sharing ideas is a great way to learn in an enjoyable environment. The Forum hosts a number of members’ meetings each year. The next meeting is
An online chance to catch up with everyone. Date awaited.
Providing support for over thirty years, the Leicestershire & Rutland Heritage Forum is the only region-wide organisation which promotes and celebrates the unique heritage of Leicestershire, Leicester City and Rutland. Our work raises standards across the region and helps develop long-standing relationships between our members.
Through joining our Forum you will get exclusive access to:
- Information sharing and networking opportunities with museum and heritage organisations across the region;
- An engaging programme of relevant, practical training;
- Expert support and advice on volunteering opportunities and challenges;
- Site visits to other heritage sites within the region;
- Promotional marketing, with our members details featured on the Forum website and promoted across our social media channels;
- Access to Forum members only categories in the Biennial County Heritage Awards which celebrate excellence in the region;
- Access to a newsletter, filled with regional updates;
- Access to funding and fundraising advice and opportunities (location dependent);
- A range of committee and non-committee roles to get more involved in the work of the Forum;
- Opportunities to work on collaborative projects with other organisations.
We welcome membership from anyone in the region with an interest in this local heritage, offering both institutional and individual memberships. View our Forum leaflet online Forum leaflet
Membership costs £30 for an organisation and £20 for individuals per year. membership form
Exciting Free Heritage Opportunities for Schools
The Forum has published a booklet for schools that describes the activities and learning experiences that Heritage Groups in North West Leicestershire can offer to support schools in the delivery of the national curriculum.
Many activities are more than just history, they include English, mathematics, geography and other subjects.