General enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 0116 305 4140.
Forum Membership, please contact Phillip Lindley, treasurer and membership secretary, by email at email@example.com.
Forum Chairman, Wendy Freer, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Forum Newsletter, Penny email email@example.com
Website Updates, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Networking and sharing
Meeting other heritage volunteers and sharing ideas is a great way to learn in an enjoyable environment. The Forum hosts four members’ meetings a year. The next meeting is
Members Meeting and Forum Annual General Meeting hosted by Loughborough Bellfoundry Trust, Loughborough , 12.45pm for 1pm Tuesday 31st March 2020 – Free to Forum Members
Cancelled until coronavirus pandemic resolved
Providing support for over thirty years, the Leicestershire & Rutland Heritage Forum is the only region-wide organisation which promotes and celebrates the unique heritage of Leicestershire, Leicester City and Rutland. Our work raises standards across the region and helps develop long-standing relationships between our members.
Through joining our Forum you will get exclusive access to:
- Information sharing and networking opportunities with museum and heritage organisations across the region;
- An engaging programme of relevant, practical training;
- Expert support and advice on volunteering opportunities and challenges;
- Site visits to other heritage sites within the region;
- Promotional marketing, with our members details featured on the Forum website and promoted across our social media channels;
- Access to Forum members only categories in the Biennial County Heritage Awards which celebrate excellence in the region;
- Access to a newsletter, filled with regional updates;
- Access to funding and fundraising advice and opportunities (location dependent);
- A range of committee and non-committee roles to get more involved in the work of the Forum;
- Opportunities to work on collaborative projects with other organisations.
We welcome membership from anyone in the region with an interest in this local heritage, offering both institutional and individual memberships. View our Forum leaflet online Forum leaflet
Membership costs £30 for an organisation and £20 for individuals per year. membership form
Members wishing to update their page on the website should email details to email@example.com
- Forum Events and Activities
- The Sandford Award for Heritage Education
- Revised museum accreditation timetable
- Burbage Heritage Group – WWI project
- Pudding Bag Productions – new film
- Cotesbach Educational Trust – Talk Tuesdays
- Leicestershire Victorian County History Trust – Loughborough volume
- Loughborough Carillon Tower and War Memorial Museum – World War One
Sign up for future editions, email Tracey via firstname.lastname@example.org
Exciting Free Heritage Opportunities for Schools
The Forum has published a booklet for schools that describes the activities and learning experiences that Heritage Groups in North West Leicestershire can offer to support schools in the delivery of the national curriculum.
Many activities are more than just history, they include English, mathematics, geography and other subjects.